At 4 Great Stuart Street Dental Practice, we pride ourselves on our excellent patient care. However, if there is ever an occasion when you are not happy with our service, please contact us by one of the following methods, to alert us of your concern:
4 Great Stuart Street Dental Practice
4 Great Stuart Street
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is our Principal Dentist
- If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to our Principal immediately. If this person is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing the letter or email will be passed on immediately to the Principal.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this Code of Practice as soon as possible.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received in our Complaints File.
- If, after our full investigation and response, you continue to remain unhappy then you can escalate your complaint to:
NHS Lothian Complaints Team (for complaints relating to NHS dental care)
2-4 Waterloo Place
Dental Complaints Service (for complaints concerning Private treatment)
37 Wimpole Street